Tuesday, September 26, 2017

Simple Finds

Daily Gratitude Year 5-Day 269: Today, I am grateful for simple finds.

I imagine that my experience is not  uncommon. I don't appreciate a simple find until it is gone. This can be a favorite scent of deodorant, a brand of cleaning product or... forgive me guys... a bra style. When an item is on our list of favorite things, we sometimes don't realize what a prize it is, until it disappears from the marketplace. 

Yes, those common items we use all the time, are often forgotten on our gratitude list. I've searched the internet for lost favorites. Some are out there... but others, are simply gone. It makes me more grateful for common items on ordinary days. 

C.S. Lewis quotes are common. Honestly, his brilliance dazzles me and leaves me in awe at times. I can learn and relearn from his writings. This quote... was new to me... or overlooked because it seemed too simple. In truth, the simplicity of the statement is what makes it brilliant. 

"Look to Christ and you will find him. And with him, everything else." -C.S. Lewis

Seek him. There are so many passages, but I like this mix of  Old and New Testament verses.

"Search for the Lord and for his strength; continually seek him. -1 Chronicles 16:11

Find him. 

“I love all who love me. Those who search will surely find me." Proverbs 8:17

In him. 

"Let all that I am wait quietly before God, for my hope is in him." -Psalm 62:5

Everything. Our existence is in him.

"For in him we live and move and exist"-Acts 17:28

He is not hiding... although he is often ignored. He longs to fill our days with abundance... not with stuff..  but with things that matter. 

C.S. Lewis nails it. Simply seek and find. His grace isn't pulled from the shelves, but is offered to those who choose to seek and receive.

Today, I am grateful for simple finds.


No comments:

Post a Comment