Wednesday, September 13, 2017

Apple Cider Slushies

Daily Gratitude Year 5-Day 256: Today, I am grateful for... you guessed it... Uncle Bud's Apple Cider Slushies. 

Thank you Lulu's for the great t-shirts to celebrate. 


Today...on this beautiful Morton Pumpkin Festival Week...my gratitude is simple. With every season comes treats and favorite things. How blessed I am to live where seasons change.
To every thing there is a season...and this season is a season of fall festivals and harvest. Our state is rich in apple orchards and most of the nation's pumpkins are canned right in Illinois...most of it in Morton. Yes...we love our pumpkins and our festival, 
For me, it is the apple cider slushie that makes the festival and makes my day (along with pumpkin donuts and pumpkin baked beans).
Today...nothing profound. It is simply a day to remember to take joy in the simple little scents and flavors to savor. What makes Uncle Bob's the best? Tanner's cider. Yum! You have to try it to believe it's apple tangy goodness. I wish you were here. If you are here.  I will see you in line. 
Jill and I had a little motto we lived by during festival... "one a day until the festival goes away." I will honor that pledge with sweet memories. We never braved the crowd alone (and the kids love them, too). 
Today....I am grateful for my favorite festival treat- sweet memories... and Uncle Bob's Apple Cider Slushies.

No comments:

Post a Comment