Thursday, September 14, 2017

New Learning = New Adventures

Daily Gratitude Year 5-Day 257: Today, I am grateful for new learning and new adventures. 

Mama Ina Mae spoke these words over us often: "Learn something new every day." 

Mama breathed a love of learning into all three of us. I loved books, writing, music and school. April was the original recycler and upcycler with her artistic soul. She studied mediums and looked for potential make overs. Matt listened and learned from old farmers, young farmers and from any educational opportunity regarding ways to care for the land, equipment and grow better crops.  

New learning = new adventures!

Life wasn't meant to be dull. Even in days that seem filled with repetition, there are opportunities for new learning and new adventures. We cannot ever underestimate the path, when we commit our way to the Lord. 

Seek new adventures and push open a few new doors. Cook in new ways with new foods. Read a different genre of book. Write. Tryout for a community theater show. Sing in the choir. Host a neighborhood get together or Bible study. Visit places an hour or two from home that are new to you. Live out loud. Take a ballroom dancing class. 

We are all unique. We all have a purpose and a place. Cast fear to the wind and set sail for a new adventure.  You might find a new passion. 

Show me your ways, Lord, teach me your paths. Guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long.-Psalm 25:4-5

God didn't design up to be bored and unhappy. He created us for a relationship. First with him... and then, with each other. Carpe Diem!

Today, I am grateful for new learning and new adventures. 


No comments:

Post a Comment