Wednesday, September 27, 2017

Hair Stylist

Daily Gratitude Year 5-Day 270: Today, I am grateful for my hair stylist.

What makes us feel any better than well kept and cut hair? It is a boost of glamour and the mere act of having someone wash your hair for you is pure luxury. 

Due to weekend obligations... and full weeks... I am a week later than usual and I can't wait. I've been with my same stylist for a really long time. Her school in Iowa required building hours with the razor as well as scissors... the girl has skills. For me... that is a bonus. My fine, thick hair... with curl can have a mind of it's own. She gets it whipped into shape and I am grateful. 

Her favorite book is the Bible and conversation is easy. For me... her chair is a retreat. 

Those who work the "Hair Arts" industry are a reminder that we are created to create. They face challenges from the customer who doesn't know what they really want, to those who expect too much from a hair cut. It requires hospitality, business sense and skill. Back in the wild west days... the town barber was practically the first banker, as their business was considered necessity. 

I think those in the hair arts breathe something special into their work, each time we visit the chair. 

"Each of you should use whatever gift you have received to serve others, as faithful stewards of God’s grace in its various forms." 1 Peter 4:10

Yes, this reference is regarding our spiritual gifts. Still, I think there is relevance to our talents and skills that are often connected to our gifts. 

I am grateful when I leave the stylish chair feeling refreshed and renewed.

Today, I am grateful for my hair stylist.

No comments:

Post a Comment