Saturday, March 14, 2020

A Good Book

Year 8-Day 73: Today, I am grateful a good book. 

There is nothing like a cozy chair and a good book to pass the afternoon. Most of my reading is done with audio books, the I savor the old fashioned kind of reading. 

I remember the little library next to the grocery store in Clifton. Mama used to take me after grocery trips. I would stock up on Nancy Drew books, the Hardy Boys and Trixie Belden. A trip to the library added joy to any ordinary day. I would anticipate the day I could return to the library for new books. 

"A book gives us a place to go when have to stay where we are."

A perfect quote for a season when people are hunkering down and staying at home. It makes me grateful for libraries and online access to books, too. 

There is a verse in the Bible that talks about Jesus countless miracles and wonders. It creates a word picture. 

"Now, there are also many other things that Jesus did. Were every one of them to be written, I suppose that the world itself could not contain the books that would be written." -John 21:25

We can only imagine it, right? 

Today, I am grateful a good book. 

No comments:

Post a Comment