Friday, March 20, 2020

The Sun Will Rise Tomorrow

Year 8-Day 80: Today, I am grateful the sun will rise tomorrow.

"Even the darkest night will end and the sun will rise." - Victor Hugo, Les Miserables

This quote is from the book by Victor Hugo, written in 1862. It has about 365 chapters. My friend, Jim (J.B.), spent a year reading and reflecting on the book. It was powerful to hear his reflections. 

The story is full of love, war, heartbreak, cruelty, kindness and redemption stories. Life can be hard. Still, the sun will wise in the morning, even after the darkest of nights. 

10,000 Reasons (Bless the Lord) is one of my favorite songs. When I first heard it, it had the familiar feeling of an old song. My Dad thought of it as a farmer's song. I hear hope in the lyrics. It calms my inner storms when I sing it. 

This was my verse today"

“But blessed are those who trust in the Lord and have made the Lord their hope and confidence. They are like trees planted along a riverbank, with roots that reach deep into the water. Such trees are not bothered by the heat or worried by long months of drought. Their leaves stay green, and they never stop producing fruit."  -Jeremiah 17:7-8

The Lord provided the perfect verse. I didn't even have to look for it. It was there when I opened my online Bible as my verse for the day. He wins again. 

“But for you who fear my name, the Sun of Righteousness will rise with healing in his wings. And you will go free, leaping with joy like calves let out to pasture." -Malachi 4:2 

We can trust in the Lord with all of our hearts, knowing His ways are bigger than our plans. We can rest knowing He's got this. 

Today, I am grateful the sun will rise tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment