Wednesday, March 25, 2020

The One Who Calms Me Down

Year 8-Day 85:Today, I am grateful for the the one who calms me down. 

My friend, Whitney, posted this scripture this morning. It was my "Verse of the Day" in my email inbox, too. Apparently, we both use the same daily verse service. 

I smiled because it was 100% the verse I needed to today... since, I received it twice. (Thanks, Whitney, for your post)

Whenever my busy thoughts were out of control, the soothing comfort of your presence calmed me down and overwhelmed me with delight. -Psalm 94:19 (TPT)

The television offers little, if any good news, these days. All of us are trying to live in response to something different than we have ever experienced in our lifetime. We have not have a plague like this one in modern times. 

The Love-of-my-Life and I are opposite in ways that usually make us compliment each other. He likes to go... I love a "stay-at-home" day. When I get overwhelmed by a task, he is gifted at getting a job organized and done fast. If I can come up with a vision, he can make it happen. We are both very calm and stoic in a crisis. Our feathers are not that easily ruffled... but when we reach our limit... we are done. We are gentle at heart... but he has a practical, realistic side that balances my art and whimsy. I always tell him, "You're my favorite." Being with him, still soothes my soul... even after 35 years. 

The scripture reminds me of how marriage was designed to be an mirror of what our relationship with Christ should resemble. He is the anchor for our souls and the calm in the eye of the storm. 

...my busy thoughts were out of control, the soothing comfort of your presence calmed me down...

Daily, in this season, we can remember to pause in His presence. In Him, there is stillness, peace and hope. 

Today, I am grateful for the one who calms me down. 

No comments:

Post a Comment