Thursday, April 20, 2023

A Full Night's Sleep

 

Daily Gratitude Year Eleven- Day 109: Today, I am grateful for a full night's sleep. 

This morning I am boldly reminded of the power of a full night's sleep. It really is amazing. I try to play catch up on sleep on weekends, but it is not how our bodies were designed to work. Good sleep has  more to do with good habits and I am an epic failure at this one. 

The Love of My Life is way better at this one than I am. He goes to bed at his planned time. I doze off in my chair when I finally sit down. Then I wake up, do a few things, and can't always get back to sleep in the way that would refuel my body. 

Never underestimate the power of a good night's sleep. I love a nap and they certainly help, but a full sleep is a powerful thing. 

I couldn't help but think of this scripture that tells of the disciples interrupting Jesus getting a full night's sleep after some long and exhausting days of teaching, healing and more:

 "Then Jesus got into the boat and started across the lake with his disciples. Suddenly, a fierce storm struck the lake, with waves breaking into the boat. But Jesus was sleeping. The disciples went and woke him up, shouting, “Lord, save us! We’re going to drown!”  Jesus responded, “Why are you afraid? You have so little faith!” Then he got up and rebuked the wind and waves, and suddenly there was a great calm. The disciples were amazed. “Who is this man?” they asked. “Even the winds and waves obey him!” -Matthew 8:23-27

A full night's sleep can change the day ahead. It is not fun to wake up tired and it is counterproductive. 

Today, I am grateful for a full night's sleep. 

No comments:

Post a Comment