Tuesday, April 4, 2023

He Gets Bigger

Daily Gratitude Year Eleven- Day 93: Today, I am grateful He gets bigger.

Every once in a while, I find another CS Lewis quote to add to my favorites. 

Children get bigger as they get older. It makes perfect sense. Getting older means getting "bigger" until a  child reaches full maturity. 

In the Chronicles of Narnia, Lucy says to Aslan,"You're bigger." Aslan explains it is because Lucy is older. With maturity comes a greater and deeper understanding of who God is. 

Aslan clarifies, "I am not. But every year you grow, you will find me bigger." 

Oh, yes, deeper understanding brings a deeper sense of awe. Our God is awesome!

" I tell you, there is one here who is even greater than the Temple!" -Matthew 12:6

 In this Holy Week, pause and take in our God who does not change. I am grateful he appears bigger as our understanding grows. 

Today, I am grateful He gets bigger.

No comments:

Post a Comment