Friday, April 14, 2023

Love Out Loud

Daily Gratitude Year Eleven- Day 103: Today, I am grateful Larry loved out loud.  

Heaven's gain is truly earth's sorrow. The Dicks/Malson/Grampp family were blessed to be raised and loved by a man who knew how to love out loud. His easy smile and charm were innate. 

Larry loved his wife, his family and his God. He could read people as easily as the newspaper. I suspect he didn't say half of what he was thinking. I never saw him utter an unkind word. You could see he adored the Love of His Life... his Jeannie... in the way he looked at her... every time he looked at her.  

Larry always had room for more "family" in his heart. His children's friends often thought of him as a second father. It was beautiful to see so many come to honor his life, to hug Jeannie and the family... and to share some memories. The love was thicker than the grief. I think that is the way it is meant to be.  

"Rejoice with those who rejoice, weep with those who weep." -Romans 12:15 

I am so grateful for his example... for their example... and the promise of heavenly reunions. I am so grateful for their love story that lasted a lifetime. 

Today, I am grateful Larry loved out loud. 

No comments:

Post a Comment