Sunday, April 30, 2023

The Right Thing

 

Daily Gratitude-Year Eleven: Day 119- Today I am grateful for the value in doing "the right thing."

A C. S. Lewis quote is always a great place to start the week. 

"It is not your business to succeed, but to do right; when you have done so, the rest lies with God." 

I seem to need constant reminders of my role? I need to be reminded that I am not the keeper of the stars or master of the universe, but I know the one who is. I am not the one in charge of determining "the right thing." His Word is full of instructions for daily living to help guide our days and to help us live well. 

We are instructed to seek His face, to call upon His name, and to rest in the shadow of His wings. Nowhere do the scriptures suggest we give God instructions. Not on any day of week, month our year. Still, I want to hold tightly to the reins, instead of letting Him reign. 

"And without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to him must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who earnestly seek him." -Hebrews 11:6

It is more about doing the "right thing" than it is about "getting it right. " 

Today I am grateful for the value in doing "the right thing."

No comments:

Post a Comment