Wednesday, October 4, 2023

Strengthened By Grace

Daily Gratitude Year Eleven-Day 277- Today, I am grateful we can be strengthened by grace. 

Grace is something we are given that we did not earn. We don't deserve it. It is a gift. 

When we recognize the truth that Jesus gave up heaven, took on human skin, suffered, and then died so we could be spared the price of our own sins... it is pretty humbling. 

As a child, I bore the grief and guilt of the price He paid for my sins. It haunted me. I didn't like Easter because it meant reliving Holy Week... that felt more miserable than Holy to a child. 

I remember reading Max Lucado's book, "He Choose the Nails" many years ago. It is a great book. I finally understood  what I had missed all along. He paid the price out of love and obedience. He would rather take the cross than see us suffer. His grace was never meant to inspire guilt, but to strengthen us. 

The BeeGees sang, "How deep is your love?" Jesus showed us when he stretched out His arms and took the nails in our place. His grace is deep and wide. 

"You then, my child, be strengthened by the grace that is in Christ Jesus" -2 Timothy 2:1

Today, I am grateful we can be strengthened by grace. 

No comments:

Post a Comment