Saturday, October 12, 2024

Access to the King

 

Daily Gratitude Year 12 - Day 286: Today, I am grateful for access to the King. 

I adore this quote:

"The only person who dares wake up a king at 3:00 AM for a glass of water is a child. We have that kind of access." -Tim Keller

I love everything about the implications of this quote. I find myself often "crying out" in prayer on the night shift. 

If I wake up and cannot go back to sleep, it always seems perfectly natural to talk to the Father. There is something about the stillness of the night. It soothes my soul and eases any worries. 


I love that the scriptures tell us that He delights in the moments we seek His face. He wants to be a part of all of our days from sunrise to sunset. 

“Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives; the one who seeks finds; and to the one who knocks, the door will be opened." -Matthew 7:7-8

He longs for the invitation. 

Today, I am grateful for access to the King. 

No comments:

Post a Comment