Friday, October 4, 2024

Mornings, Miracles, and Second Chances

Daily Gratitude Year 12 - Day 278: Today, I am grateful for mornings, miracles and second chances. 

Rise like the sun and give thanks for mornings, miracles, and second chances." -Mary Davis  

I love this quote and the warm colors in the art. I do love mornings. Lazy ones are my favorite, but even on the regular days I recognize the gift of a new day. Miracles and second chances abound. The ordinary is extraordinary.

This morning, my shower was hot. The internet made the morning news accessible. The power went on at the flick of a switch. My morning beverage was hot and comforting. Tomorrow will most likely be a repeat of today. It is quite humbling in light of the current situation on the East coast. Our lives can change in an instant. 

As we see and hear the stories of the communities and families impacted by Hurricane Helene, the nation is brought to its knees. From sea to shining sea, communities are praying and acting. Communities and churches are sending resources and manpower. We can pray for the first responders, National Guardsmen, and others who have the skills and feel the call to go. 

This was my verse of the day:

"Do not boast about tomorrow, for you do not know what a day may bring." -Proverbs 27:1

My "Earworm" has taken to singing an old hymn I have not heard in years. How many songs do we have tucked away in our memories that pop up at just the right time? 

"Rescue the perishing, care for the dying, snatch them in pity from sin and the grave; Weep over the erring one, lift up the fallen, tell them of the Lord, the mighty to save." 

As a nation already in crisis, this natural disaster reminds us to keep our eyes focused on the one who provides. He sees us in our trials. He doe not abandon His children. 

Today, I am grateful for mornings, miracles and second chances. 

No comments:

Post a Comment