Thursday, October 17, 2024

Martha and Mary

 


Daily Gratitude Year 12 - Day 291: Today, I am grateful for Martha and Mary.

"I may sometimes run with Martha to do what Christ needs of me, but I think I should more frequently sit with Mary to receive from Christ what I need from Him." - C.H. Spurgeon

There is much truth in this quote. There is value in work. Working for the Kingdom of God is an honor and a privilege. Still, it is easy to get so caught up in the work that we forget to sit at the feet of Jesus to receive what we need from Him. I have been guilty of this more often than I would like to admit.

My dear friend, Julie, and I have enjoyed dressing up as Martha and Mary on Palm Sunday. We use that opportunity to teach about Jesus washing the feet of the disciples. It is always special. 

Staying in our roles, we share their story. Their hospitality was not only for Jesus. He came with a pack of hungry men who needed food and rest. They opened their home and shared from their resources. They were a blessing to Jesus and the disciples. They showed us how to be intentional in our hospitality. 

I can learn so much by their example. 

Today, I am grateful for Martha and Mary.

No comments:

Post a Comment