Tuesday, October 8, 2024

Strength of Spirit


Daily Gratitude Year 12 - Day 282: Today, I am grateful for strength of spirit.

"Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will." 

True strength is not as simple as bench pressing a certain amount of weight. Physical strength plus strength of will collide at the point of falling to our knees and saying, |"Not they will but Thine be done." 

I cannot help but think of Jesus. 

Knowing two of his best friends were about to betray him, Jesus washed his feet. 

Knowing he was the last chance for two criminals, he used some of his last breaths to offer help and salvation. 

Knowing church leaders wanted him dead, he continued his work to heal the sick, feed the poor, and meet people at the point of their need. 

Knowing the likely answer was "No,"  he knelt before the Father in the garden known as Gethsemane and said, "Not thy will by thine be done." 

It is all quite humbling. Tonight I walked to the car singing, "Let me tell you 'bout my Jesus." When I turned the car on, that was the very song on the radio. The "coincidence" made me smile. 

"For it is my Father’s will that all who see his Son and believe in him should have eternal life. I will raise them up at the last day.” -John 6:40

The Father's will... Jesus's will... all who live walking in and by His Spirit... will be saved. 

Today, I am grateful for strength of spirit.

No comments:

Post a Comment