Friday, April 1, 2016

Choose Kindness



Daily Gratitude Year 4-Day 92: Today, I am grateful that kindness is a chosen superpower...no fondness necessary. 

Today was full and I am finishing with gratitude. Mark Twain's quote seemed a good way to end the day.  I don't recall seeing this one before, but as usual...he hits the mark. Kindness is a choice... it requires very little relationship, but it can lead to one. Fondness is developed over time and usually with shared experiences.  Kindness can be a simple act...even random...but it is a powerful thing.  

I have to wonder how many times Jesus had to stretch beyond his human side and choose kindness? People were constantly demanding his time, his power, his teaching and his company.  I am sure he enjoyed some more than others. Still, he intentionally chose kindness and acts of love and service.  

The great thing about kindness is that it is contagious.  

Today, I am grateful that kindness is a chosen superpower...no fondness necessary. 

No comments:

Post a Comment