Monday, April 11, 2016

Happiness Doubled By Wonder





Year 4-Day 102: Today, I am grateful for happiness doubled by wonder.
Some things are too wonderful for words to adequately describe. 

A butterfly emerging with new wings from a dark cocoon to fly for the first time. 
New life on the farm.
New life in our arms...every baby is a miracle.
Flowers that spring forth after winter's cold stay.
Trees budding with leaves and flowers. 
First love.
Lasting love.
God's patience.
Christ's love.
Our hope in Christ.

Yesterday, we had a "Spoken Word"...a testimony... from one of church family. She told a powerful story of how God shined his bright light, spoke through others, strutted his stuff and intervened. Her life was changed in a moment as she teetered between this world and the next. She spoke on the power of God's presence revealed and the light of His love. She shared how God spoke through another's prayers...yet she didn't really listen. Still, God moved in a mighty way...with his precision timing... to block every action on her part that would have meant her death by pulmonary embolism before His appointed time.  It was powerful! 

I am grateful Jenny shared. Here joy was nearly tangible. She experienced the bold presence of God's glory and his active intervention in a way she could not miss His hand. Sometimes, he winks... and sometimes he struts! 

You hem me in, behind and before, and lay your hand upon me. Such knowledge is too wonderful for me; it is high; I cannot attain it. Where shall I go from your Spirit? Or where shall I flee from your presence? Psalm 139:5-7

Hemmed in, covered by his hand and surrounded by His light. There is no fear!

Today, I am grateful for happiness doubled by wonder. 

No comments:

Post a Comment