Sunday, April 10, 2016

Gratitude Bestows Reverence




Year 4-Day 101: Today, I am grateful that gratitude bestows reverence...presents it as a gift...and changes how we experience life and the world. 

What a great truth! Being grateful...even in difficult times... changes everything. When we humbly bow before an omnipotent, omniscient, and omnipresent God, our life experiences begin to change. The course...the route...the map... it changes.  We change our idea of GPS. GPS becomes God Propelled Service. He becomes the director of our ways and our days. 

Life is a gift... until we come to the end of our earthly dash. Our soul breath is priceless and designed to be eternal.  Experiences we seek and find here are part of the journey and we can choose and use them to seek His face or divide our hearts as we chase the world's offerings. 

Teach me your way, O Lord, that I may walk in your truth; unite my heart to fear your name. -Psalm 86:11

"Unite my heart to fear your name".  Make my heart undivided and true! I am to seek his face, turn from my wicked ways and bow in reverence. Oh, if truth be told...we all have a little wicked to manage. I am grateful His promises are true. 

"if my people who are called by my name humble themselves, and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and heal their land." - 2 Chronicles 7:14

This scripture has been posted frequently as people look toward... with fear and trepidation... at the presidential elections.  Our nation was founded on Biblical principles, but time has brought changes.  Wealth and power corrupt. 

For where jealousy and selfish ambition exist, there will be disorder and every vile practice. - James 3:13 

Pretty clear. It happens everywhere. But there are promises for those who seek His face with gratitude and reverence. God's people are still living in the land. 

Where there is no prophetic vision the people cast off restraint, but blessed is he who keeps the law. - Proverbs 29:18

Our hope is bigger than any election. 

"Be Thou My Vision, my strength and my guide"...the words of the old hymn being sung by the Ear Worm this morning. It is a great song for a Sabbath.

We submit to the sovereignty of God, bowing in reverence...or we don't. That beautiful, terrifying free-will given to all of us. 


Whoever is not with me is against me, and whoever does not gather with me scatters. -Matthew 12:30

As my brother would say..."You are either on the team or not on the team...it's better on the team!" Are we with with him...or against him? 

As we embrace... with gratitude...His presence, His power and His purpose, something inside us changes. Our reverence and sense of awe grow. We bow at the throne of His power and grace.

I am forever grateful that whoever is elected president...Jesus will still be King!  We can keep calm and press on. 

Today, I am grateful that gratitude bestows reverence...presents it as a gift...and changes how we experience life and the world. 

No comments:

Post a Comment