Saturday, April 9, 2016

Stirred Not Shaken


Year 4-Day 100: Today, I am grateful to be stirred not shaken.
Ever have one of those weeks? One of those days? One of those moments when a path is blocked until a decision is made? We all do. Isn't is refreshing to know that we can choose to be stirred ... not shaken!
"Therefore, my heart is glad, and my whole being rejoices; my flesh also dwells secure." Psalm 16:9 (ESV) I actually prefer the NIV on this one, but the meaning is the same.
Psalm 16:9-11 (NIV)
9 Therefore my heart is glad and my tongue rejoices; my body also will rest secure,
10 because you will not abandon me to the realm of the dead, nor will you let your faithful one see decay.
11 You make known to me the path of life; you will fill me with joy in your presence, with eternal pleasures at your right hand.
I am stirred. My heart is glad! My whole being rejoices. I dwell secure...stirring in His Spirit... yet standing firm and not shaken. He makes known the path. He is our GPS. Our destination has changed.
The Message says"You cancelled my ticket to hell" in verse 10. I love it!
Let the winds blow... let the storms rage... for they will pass... and our God will remain strong, secure and holding our hand.
Today, I am grateful to be stirred not shaken.

No comments:

Post a Comment