Tuesday, April 5, 2016

GratiTuesday




Daily Gratitude Year 4-Day 96: Today...I am grateful for "GratiTuesday"!

The "best Monday of the week" is in the rear-view window...and Tuesday has arrived. One of the great lessons of choosing daily gratitude has been learning to live more in the present. This is not easy for me... a "just in case" girl. Not easy...but good. 

Planning and preparedness are valuable, but they should not consume and steal today's joy.

Some days, I hold tightly to the binoculars of "what might happen"... even though the future is not mine to control or see. For me...it creates trust issues. This day is a gift. We don't want to miss it.

Trust in the Lord with all your heart,
    and do not lean on your own understanding.
In all your ways acknowledge him,
    and he will make straight your paths. -Proverbs 3:5-6


Trust issues abound when I attempt to direct the path. He is better at it than I am, anyway.

On this beautiful "GratiTuesday", I have plans...but He does, too. Back to Jeremiah...Jeremiah 29:11:

"For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for welfare[or peace] and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope."

Why do I stuff the knapsack of worry? He promises daily renewal and that He is my "enough".

His promise in Isaiah 40:31...another favorite: "but they who wait for the Lord shall renew their strength;they shall mount up with wings like eagles; they shall run and not be weary; they shall walk and not faint.

We can grab this Tuesday with both hands. We can chose hope and purpose. We were not created for defeat...but we were designed for lifelong learning.

Mama Ina Mae had many mantras as I was growing up. One of them was, "You should learn something new every day." She didn't have the opportunity for a higher education. She didn't let that stop her. She gathered knowledge everywhere. Books, elders, TV, mentors, magazines...and even strangers in the grocery aisle...she learned and cataloged information. She tested ideas...and was never daunted by the "failures". She was content with learning what didn't work.

This day is a new day... a day for new learning. A day to test what does and does not work. It is a day full of promise. How will we unwrap the gift?

Today...I am grateful for "GratiTuesday"!

No comments:

Post a Comment