Friday, July 7, 2017

Purple Flairs

Year 5 - Day 188: Today, I am grateful for a box of Purple Flairs. 

The other day, the coolest thing happened. I received a message that something had been left for me on my front porch behind a pillow on my rocker. 

The message was from a friend I met through school. She is friends with many of my friend, but it took time for our paths to cross. I feel so blessed that she has entered my world. She is one of those people who always lifts others up, plays well with others and is quick with a smile and a kind word. 

Like a child at Christmas, I hurried to look for hidden treasure and I nearly squealed with glee. 

A box of purple Papermate Flair pens! I was ticked pink... I mean purple... because I cannot use a purple flair and be grumpy. It is impossible. What a lovely gesture from a sweet heart. 

There are so many different pen varieties out there. I have different favorites for different purposes. I mentioned that I saw a box of purple Flairs on Amazon but was attempting to show restraint. She picked right up on that and delivered a random act of kindness at my door. What a soul lifting, spirit soaring act of love she poured into an ordinary day.  

You might wonder why she would randomly leave Purple Flair pens at my door. It wasn't so random. Dana and I were in a three way conversation (on Facebook) about pens with our mutual friend Wendy. We all posted several times that day, sharing our thoughts and opinions. It was a cyber connection ... but a real connection. She, also, left an encouraging note...written in purple on a purple note card. 

Purple pens... especially the Flairs... have become a favorite of mine. Purple was my sister's favorite color... and my Jill loved it, too. It was never my favorite. Funny how things change. Purple makes me think of them and count my blessings for the 28 years with both of them. Purple doesn't make me sad, it makes me grateful for the time we had. 

Purple has come to represent sisterhood and sisters of the heart. It is, also, a royal color and we daughters of the King, right? Now it makes me think of sisters who love pens like Dana, Wendy and Susan (who loves her Zebra pens).

The right pen can improve your day, spice up a to-do list and delight you when doodling. 

With the right pen, I can set goals, complete tasks and write my thoughts and visions. Oh, I get to use one of my "life verses" today. A life verse being a scripture claimed, memorized and applied to our lives daily. 

And the Lord answered me: “Write the vision; make it plain on tablets, so he may run who reads it. -Habakkuk 2:2

Here is the same verse in the The Message: 

And then God answered: “Write this. Write what you see. Write it out in big block letters so that it can be read on the run. This vision-message is a witness pointing to what’s coming. It aches for the coming—it can hardly wait! And it doesn’t lie. If it seems slow in coming, wait. It’s on its way. It will come right on time. 

Today we can choose our favorite pens to write down our thoughts, questions, thoughts, visions and revelations. We can encourage others with a handwritten note. We can make notes in the margins of our Bibles as God reveals His heart through his word and prayer. 

Pens are gifts that delight the heart and the hand. A week later... I'm still smiling. 

Today, I am grateful for a box of Purple Flairs and a random act of kindness. 


No comments:

Post a Comment