Saturday, July 1, 2017

Help & Instruction

Year 5 - Day 182: Today, I am grateful for help and instruction.

I enjoy learning new things. I enjoy it more with help and instruction. 

Most of us have moments when something new and different makes us feel like we are in over our heads. We jumped in with both feet. Can we really swim in the deep waters. It is a great experience, in retrospect, but in the moment... it can feel a little like drowning. 

Summer... maybe it's the heat... always makes me think of Moses and the exodus from Egypt. God had a plan for his life that Moses could not see. 

What started at his birth and unlikely adoption into Pharaoh's house, would eventually free a nation from slavery. He would lead them in a time of learning to listen for the Lord's lead as Moses learned to be a Godly leader. Not perfect, but he kept trying. 

Moses felt overwhelmed and unqualified. God offers this encouragement and confidence booster:


Now go! I will be with you as you speak, and I will instruct you in what to say.” -Exodus 4:12

Whom he calls, he equips. He chooses who he uses. 

We are never alone when we are in relationship with the Lord, God Almighty. There is no better teacher. Life is a classroom of learning to know, see and trust him more. He is with us, for us and not against us. 


In the same way, Jesus offered this instruction before he returned to heaven:

Therefore, go and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit. Teach these new disciples to obey all the commands I have given you. And be sure of this: I am with you always, even to the end of the age.” Matthew 18:19-20

I am with you always! Always.

That, is a promise of help and instruction we can bank on!

Today, I am grateful for help and instruction.

No comments:

Post a Comment