Saturday, November 18, 2017

Fresh Paint

Daily Gratitude Year 5-Day 321: Today, I am grateful for fresh paint.


One of the things I love most about my Randy... he doesn't get to worked up about stuff. Over the summer, I "broke the house". I wanted to whitewash our 1970's stone fireplace. He let me have my way. Epic Pinterest fail. Today, he fixed it with a coat of fresh paint. 

I can't share a picture... as it isn't dry enough to put everything back. This image from Pinterest gives the idea. 

 When I finish this post, we will sit back and marvel at the clean slate feel of new paint. We think we will enjoy the new look on the old stone. Soon... we will add the Christmas garlands and decorations. I know it will pop with holiday joy when we are done. The fresh paint creates a new backdrop and stage. 

They will continue to tease me about "breaking the house", but I know it is in love. We've made some memories along the way. The fresh paint is a new beginning. 

Fresh paint is the homeowners quick fix to prepare for a sale, or as a way of making a new home your own. In the scheme of home maintenance, it is relatively inexpensive giving a big bang for the buck. The great thing about paint... you can always paint again if you don't like the results. 

The whitewashing attempt was not my first fail... and it won't be my last. I am grateful we finally found a solution. I find it makes me think of the Psalm David wrote after his epic fail with Bathsheba and Uriah. The weight of his sin was too much. This verse comes from that passage:

Purify me from my sins, and I will be clean; wash me, and I will be whiter than snow. -Psalm 51:7

God granted him forgiveness, as David's heart was sincere. He still faced some dire consequences. He was forgiven, but sometimes there is no "undo" button. David learns so much from that troubling time and his relationship grew with the Lord. He sought out God in prayer daily. 

Every time we confess our sins and ask forgiveness, he hears our prayers. Every time we are overwhelmed... he is present. He never leaves us or forsakes us. Not even for a moment. He is our fresh paint. His blood washes away our sins. 

Today, I am grateful for fresh paint.




No comments:

Post a Comment