Wednesday, November 1, 2017

Time to Love

Daily Gratitude Year 5-Day 305: Today, I am grateful for those who take the time to love.

My heart is so full from all the birthday wishes from yesterday. One of my St. Jude miracles. popped in the office for a Happy Birthday hug to start my school day. Not the least bit embarrassed to do so. (Love you Tess... and the family for stopping by for a true treat!).

Cards, well wishes, gifts, texts, a call from Mama, a costume contest (not really just for me, but I do enjoy the crazy and creative people I work with every day who do it for our kids), sweet treats and so much more. The Facebook wishes always amaze me. That is one of the joys of this age of technology. We can reach out and touch in an instant.
Thank you isn't enough, but it is customary. It swells from the deepest part of heart. My cup runs over today.

This morning, I can't help but wonder if my experience yesterday was even close to what our Lord feels when we make the time to know him, love him and celebrate His goodness. I'm just a human... but being celebrated feels amazing. It makes a person feel so loved.

He is not human, although he took on human form to be with us.

He is King and worthy of our gratitude and praise. How he must delight in our worship and celebrations of His ways in our days.

Perhaps, the best thing we can do today is pause to offer him our love and celebrate His awesome ways. Morning, noon and night... we can offer him our love and devotion as we seek his will, his word and his way.

"Thy will be done." It is another way of saying. "I love you. I trust you. You've got this. You've got me."

As in our human relationships, they grow when we take the time to love.

"having the eyes of your hearts enlightened, that you may know what is the hope to which he has called you," -Ephesians 1:18a 

What a beautiful prayer it is when we pray, "Open the eyes of my heart, Lord."

Earworm is awake and singing that praise song by Michael W Smith. Great choice to start the day.

Open the eyes of my heart, Lord
Open the eyes of my heart
I want to see You
I want to see You
To see You high and lifted up
Shinin' in the light of Your glory
Pour out Your power and love
As we sing holy, holy, holy

Even in my fault ridden human condition, I know the joy that comes from being loved.

How even more amazing it must be for a God who is perfect in all of his ways to have our love and praise. He is truly worthy and deserving. I think my mind is to small to grasp it. Still, I will celebrate the tiny glimpses into His glory and grace.

He is good. Always and forever. We experience his goodness when we learn to love each other. Nothing pleases him more.

Today, I am grateful for those who take the time to love.


No comments:

Post a Comment