Tuesday, October 31, 2017

Another Year

Daily Gratitude Year 5-Day 304: Today, I am grateful for another year. 


One of the great things about birthdays is the chance to reflect on another year of life, love, living, learning, teach and togetherness. 

The past twelve months there has been a bold reminder of His grace and goodness. We have seen our sons... now men... taking on new life adventures. Chase married - so we have a lovely new daughter. Walker balances school and working well, although... a mother is always concerned about things like sleep. 

I've held a newborn baby. Read more. I've practiced the arts I love. I have Randy by my side and I love him so much more than I did 30 years ago when we said "I Do".  Yes... we marked 30 years of marriage in this past year, too. 
Every year God grants us is a gift. How we use  each breath is our responsibility and gift to him. 

Our Grateful Girl is today's image. She has been finished and stands as a reminder of our many blessings of the past 30 years. Carved from a tree that offered us shade and beauty for our first 21 years in this house... now, that dying tree has been carved into something new for the next season. 

We can claim this promise in Isaiah 46:4...

"I will be your God throughout your lifetime— until your hair is white with age. I made you, and I will care for you. I will carry you along and save you." -Isaiah 46:4

His arrows of protection are true. They hit the mark. He does not abandon his children. We are carried and sustained. Some days, we need a rescue. 

Some days... we need to celebrate. 


Today, I am grateful for another year. 


No comments:

Post a Comment