Monday, October 9, 2017

Faithful

Image found on Pinterest
Daily Gratitude Year 5-Day 282: Today, I am grateful for faithful. 

I was drawn to this wonderfully lettered piece of scripture. That word "faithful" jumps off the page. 

Faithful: true to one's word, promises, vows, etc.;strict or thorough in the performance of duty; steady in allegiance or affection; loyal; constant;reliable, trusted, or believed.

Faithful is a beautiful word. 

With 50 years of experience, faithful has richer meaning. Because I am still a work-in-progress, it is humbling to have those in my life who remain faithful and true through all of my learning curves. These are the ones who faithfully apply grace over my imperfections and gently guard my spirit. 

Forgiveness and faithfulness go hand in hand. We have to forgive to be faithful. We have to be faithful to forgive.  

The Love of My Life for more than 30 years, our children, our families, lifetime friends, our church family, and all the steadfast friendships gathered along the way are priceless. They've shaped me with their truth bearing, faithful, forgiving ways. In the same way, The Word of God shapes us when we are faithful to read and study. 

Being faithful takes commitment to the work. Not just enjoying the good, fun. convenient and easy moments. It is about the ones who are there when we need to be shored up. Faithful is a beautiful word. 

Honestly... Philippians 1 is one of my favorite chapters in the Bible. It rates right up there with Proverbs 31 as a goal for how I want to live and be remembered. Yet, I remain a work-in-progress. But look at this scripture:

And I am certain that God, who began the good work within you, will continue his work until it is finally finished on the day when Christ Jesus returns. -Philippians 1:6

Certain!  Paul is certain of God's faithfulness to complete us and present us finished on the day He comes. For some, it will be for the last breath on earth and first breath of heaven. Others may live to see a surprise in the eastern sky. 

The artist who created this image chose the word "faithful" and I didn't find a translation that did. Still, it is a perfect synopsis word for the continuing work of His hand. He is faithful, even when I am not. 

This scripture paired well with the first:

It is good to proclaim your unfailing love in the morning, your faithfulness in the evening, -Psalm 92:2

He is faithful in the morning... and in the evening. I start each day fresh, new and focused on him... but then the day happens. I need to be more intentional proclaiming his faithfulness as evening settles over the horizon. 

Today, I am grateful for faithful. 

No comments:

Post a Comment