Thursday, October 26, 2017

A Warm Bed


Daily Gratitude Year 5-Day 299: Today, I am grateful for a clean, warm bed. 

As the temperatures turn colder here in the Midwest, I am reminded that some sleep without a roof and a warm bed. Don't forget to appreciate the little bits of warmth in your world.

My warm bed didn't want me to break free this morning, but the call of duty means I had to resist the urge to stay cozy and comfy. It was Goldilocks perfect... not too hot or too cold. 

If we have a safe place to sleep that is clean and protected, we are blessed. Simple as that. If we have someone who loves us under our roof... human or fur babies... our cup overflows. Savor it all.

Again, if two lie together, they keep warm, but how can one keep warm alone? -Ecclesiastes 4:11 

I've never been homeless, but I have known people who have experienced house fires, job loss, illness, tornados and houses that are too unsafe to call homes. 

It won't be long and the Salvation Army will take to streets to ring their bells. The food pantries will shrink due to heating bills causing some people to not have enough for food. The shelters will fill at night, because it is too cold to sleep under the shelter of a bridge or overpass. 

In peace I will both lie down and sleep; for you alone, O Lord, make me dwell in safety. -Psalm 4:8

Oh yes, to sleep safe, warm, clean and comfortably is a luxury some have never known. 

Today, I am grateful for a clean, warm bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment