Thursday, December 19, 2019

The Blender

Daily Gratitude Year 7- Day 353: Today, I am grateful for my blender. 

It has been a workhorse in my kitchen for years. It is the appliance I have replaced three times. I wear them out and burn them up. Doing what? Some of our favorite recipes... Orange Pecan Salad w/ Groovy Green Dressing and Toenail Salad (Dad hated that name but Chase named it when he was really little and it stuck.).No real toenails are used in the salad. Both need to be made in the blender. 

The Groovy Green Dressing is always a hit:
1/3 cup Vinegar, 1/2 - 3/4 c of sugar, 1 tsp ground mustard, 1 tsp salt, 1 TBSP water, 3 green onions(green tops only, cut with scissors) & 1 C vegetable oil. Put all ingredients except the oil in the blender and blend. Once it is pureed, slowly blend in the oil. 

Pour it over greens (mixed or spinach). We add roasted pecans, mandarin oranges and sometimes dried cranberries. 

That is what's going to potluck tomorrow. Toenail Salad recipe is for another day. Pears are what Chase thought were toenails. Now you can sleep and so can I. 

Today, I am grateful for my blender. 

No comments:

Post a Comment