Tuesday, December 10, 2019

Dark and Scattered Places

Daily Gratitude Year 7- Day 344: Today, I am grateful He rescues us from dark and scattered places. 

Some seasons feel darker than others. We are just a few 11 days away from the days getting longer again. I can't wait. I grow weary of missing the sunlight on week days. I need what the sun provides in the same way I need the Son. Both bring light, life and energy to my days. 

I've often thought it interesting that son and sun are homophones in English. They sound alike but have different spellings. It allows for a great deal of word play. I have to really look at the scriptures to see which word is used. The Son and the sun both give life. The sun is important for sustaining life... and the Son gives us life when we invite him into our hearts.

The pace of the season is almost frantic. We are sucked into the darkness of the retail madness as we look for just he right gifts. It can steal the joy from our Christmas celebrations. Don't let anything steal your joy. 

When you feel dark and scattered... remember a promise made: 

I will be like a shepherd looking for his scattered flock. I will find my sheep and rescue them from all the places where they were scattered on that dark and cloudy day. -Ezekiel 34:12


And a promise kept: 

"And she will have a son, and you are to name him Jesus, for he will save his people from their sins.”-Matthew 1:21

All the days of our lives... He is our shepherd, our rescuer and our light bearer. 

Today, I am grateful He rescues us from dark and scattered places. 

No comments:

Post a Comment