Tuesday, April 28, 2020

Blue-footed Booby

Year 8-Day 119: Today, I am grateful for the Blue-Footed Booby. 

This bird is real. Look it up on National Geographic. There are some YouTube clips capturing the mating dance. 

Their diet is mostly small fish.  They can be found on the Gulf of California down along the western coasts of Central and South America down to Peru, they add color and humor to the land. Half of the breeding pairs can be found on the Galápagos Islands.

My SIL, Jennifer, posted this image yesterday and I knew I had to save it for today's gratitude. Not only does the image make me laugh, it reminds me that our God expresses whimsy in some of nature's most fascinating creatures. 

People are feeling a little stir crazy. One thing to help relieve boredom is to ask, "Where do you find your whimsy?" 

For some, it is in the flower bed. For others, the kitchen is where they can express themselves best. Grab a paint brush or  some markers and draw something that makes your smile. I think some of the personalized emojis add whimsy to our text conversations. 

Nature is full of unusual sights and wonders. It is why so many find great joy worshiping in the wild. Jesus, too, would find quiet places in the wilderness to recharge. Perhaps, this Psalm would run through His mind:

"I will meditate on your majestic, glorious splendor and your wonderful miracles." -Psalm 145:5

Today, I am grateful for the Blue-Footed Booby. 





No comments:

Post a Comment