Friday, April 3, 2020

Fix My Eyes

Year 8-Day 94:Today, I am grateful for a place to fix my eyes. 

The news is confusing; so much seems uncertain. Plans are adapted. Life has kind of paused, for those who are well. Some are in the thick of battles for their health or the health of their patients. Others are adjusting their lives to make the best decisions they can. 

The For King and Country song, "Fix My Eyes" has been a favorite of my buddy, Earworm, lately. You know, the one who sings the songs you can't get out of your head.  Here is the chorus:

"Love like I'm not scared;
Give when it's not fair
Live life for another
Take time for a brother
Fight for the weak ones
Speak out for freedom
Find faith in the battle
Stand tall but above it all
Fix my eyes on You

On You"

If you don't have this song in your music collection, you are missing out. If you love drumming... you are really missing out. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vBkwthUuhyY

In these uncertain days, we can be certain God is still on the throne. He longs for His people to return to him, so we can fully live. We can live like we're not scared. The victory is already won. Circumstance, pestilence, famine, war and disease do not change who His is. 

This scripture is about fixing our eyes:

"We do this by keeping our eyes on Jesus, the champion who initiates and perfects our faith. Because of the joy awaiting him, he endured the cross, disregarding its shame. Now he is seated in the place of honor beside God’s throne." -Hebrews 12:2

Today, I am grateful for a place to fix my eyes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment