Thursday, April 2, 2020

Essential Workers

Year 8-Day 93:Today, I am grateful for the essential workers who keep working. 

While many of us can find ways to continue working form home, there are a select group of people who are get up and go into work every day. Many of them are not making premium salaries. Some are not much more than minimum wage, but our expectations are high that they show up and do their jobs.

I was so excited to hear Aldi's and some of the grocery stores are doing bonuses for their employees who are working through this season of Covid-19. Where would we be without them? 

Yesterday, I focused on the healthcare and first responders... but today, the pharmacy staff, delivery drivers, restaurant workers, truck drivers and grocery employees have my deepest gratitude. Where would we be without them? 

"Do you see any truly competent workers? They will serve kings rather than working for ordinary people." -Proverb 22:29 

It is true. Competent, capable, energetic workers stand out from the crowd and are often rewarded with opportunities. It is, also, true that sometimes, doing humble, servants work is in service to a king... the King of Kings. 

"I know, my God, that you examine our hearts and rejoice when you find integrity there. You know I have done all this with good motives, and I have watched your people offer their gifts willingly and joyously." -1 Chronicles 29:17

I am grateful for the essential workers who continue to show up with integrity, with courage, compassion and kindness. May God protect you and bless your hands that serve. "That which you did to the the least of these, you did, also, unto me."

Today, I am grateful for the essential workers who keep working. 

No comments:

Post a Comment