Saturday, November 12, 2016

Cotton

Daily Gratitude Year Four-Day 316: Today, I am grateful for textures of cotton. (Text my journal prompt #12: What texture are your most grateful for?)

Oh, how I love texture. The crisp of starched cotton makes me smile.  The softness of old cotton sheets is pure comfort. Well worn jeans (or my favorite jean skirts) are old friends. A warm cotton sweatshirt that is french terry on the inside and soft to touch on the outside, is hard to part with, even when worn. The many textures of cotton... fresh and soft... they are my some of my favorites. 

Walking through a store, I touch test any item I am considering.  Swishing it between my fingers is the first test. What does it feel like to the touch? 

Cotton... sometimes humble and other times, it is associated with luxury.Here is a snapshot from Xerxes palace through Esther's eyes:

There were white cotton curtains and violet hangings fastened with cords of fine linen and purple to silver rods and marble pillars, and also couches of gold and silver on a mosaic pavement of porphyry, marble, mother-of-pearl, and precious stones. -Esther 1:6

Can't you see the curtains blowing in the  breeze? Yes, cotton has been around a long time. 


Egyptian cotton t-shirts are still a favorite in our house. This image is from 2010 and the page was made 2012. It still makes me smile. The wonderful memory of cotton, sand and sunshine. 

Today, I am grateful for many textures of cotton. 





No comments:

Post a Comment