Friday, November 25, 2016

Moments



Daily Gratitude Year Four-Day 330: Today, I am grateful for moments that add a slice of "perfect" to the day. (Text my journal prompt #25: What moment of the week are you most grateful for?)

This one is a hard prompt for me. I collect moments. Treasure them. Write them down. Share the story. Moments matter. Once again, how can I choose just one?

Then... as I am writing this, I am remembering a "snapshot" of cousins around a board game laughing it up and enjoying time together. On the Lindgren side... with just Matt and I... Ciara and Kenzie have been Chase and Walker's only first cousins in the area. They have been been blessed with extended family. They have enjoyed vacation times with Smith cousins in some fun places... but on my side - the girls are it. 

The four of them have always managed to find common ground and make fun wherever they happen to be. It was never boys against girls. There were seasons that they had more to talk about than others, but they always made that important. Seeing them... with Emma in the mix... playing the same board game for 3 hours...well, it was pure delight to my heart. They are funny and sassy. Silly and sincere. They are family. 

While Randy and I caught up with my far away cousins, Aunts and Uncles... the cousins and good company hung out and made some moments that will be memories worth keeping. Mama Ina Mae caught up and enjoyed hanging with her brother and sisters. Cousins from our tree with many branches savored the moments, too. 

Never wait for the perfect moment. Use the moment an make it perfect. Life isn't always what happens to us, but how we frame what happens. Life isn't perfect, but it is a gift to be unwrapped each time God grants us another dawn or he keeps us through the sunset and night of rest. We have 10,000 reasons to be grateful. 

Today, I am grateful for moments that add a slice of "perfect" to the day. 




No comments:

Post a Comment