Wednesday, May 30, 2018

Bear One Another In Love

Daily Gratitude Year 6- Day 149: Today, I am grateful we can bear with one another in love. 

I am a morning person, but today... the truth is... I am feeling kind of grumpy. It is pouring. The puppy doesn't love the rain and needs some special attention. The rain brings out the ants... they are so annoying. My coffee was cold before I got to drink more than a sip. (Thank goodness for the microwave to warm it.) I am tired enough for a Friday and it is not Friday. There is a long to-do list at work. There is a long to-do list on second shift, too... at home. Sounding kind of whiney, right? 


I am grateful for those who bear with me when I am kind of a bear. 

I often look at Ephesians 4:2 a lofty, desirable, worthy goal. I know it is not an easy verse to live out. In fact, it is only with the Spirit's help that we can fully be humble, gentle, patient and gracious towards others. We all have faults. 

"Always be humble and gentle. Be patient with each other, making allowance for each other’s faults because of your love." -Ephesians 4:2

Love covers a multitude of faults. Love covering faults is called grace. How we savor those whose receive us with grace. They are a breath of fresh air in our world. They love us back on to the right track. The one we intended, but stumbled off. 

1 Peter 4:8 puts it another way:

"Most important of all, continue to show deep love for each other, for love covers a multitude of sins." -1 Peter 4:8

My day can be realigned with prayer and petitioning for grace to meet whatever the day may bring. It is pouring down rain and I have so much to be grateful for:
Gutters.

Umbrellas.
Sump pumps.
Cute galoshes.
No need to water the plants today.
My roof doesn't leak.
My windshield wipers work.
My life is full of good people. 

There are many ways to battle a grump. Mine is about gone. A hot, clean shower ahead. Suddenly, "Singing in the Rain" seems the tune of the day. Or, "Changes in Latitude, Changes in Attitude. If we couldn't laugh, we would all go insane".  Yes, we can laugh.

(If you like today's image, Ruth Chou Simons is the artist and can be found at Gracelaced. If you are looking for scripture art, her prints are beautiful.) 

Today, I am grateful we can bear with one another in love... especially those who bear with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment