Saturday, May 5, 2018

Fairy Godmother Gear

Daily Gratitude Year 6- Day 125: Today, I am grateful for Fairy Godmother gear.

My St. Jude mom's gave me the sweetest going away party when I left St. Jude. On of the many fun gifts they gave me was a pink, sparkly, magic wand. Oh yes, they knew me will. It sits at my desk as school. It reminds me of them. It makes me smile during challenging days. 


My magic wand might not work in the traditional, mythical fashion, but it is a reminder that I am loved and that the people I love will always be in my heart... even when we are far apart. 

What my St. Jude moms did not know is that in 1995, I became a Fairy Godmother. It has been so much cooler than just being "Aunt Valerie" to my brother's girls. Making them dress up things and fulfilling little wishes has been pure delight as they have grown into beautiful young women. 

Today, the oldest, Ciara, graduated from ONU... just like Randy and I did so long ago. The youngest, Kenzie, has completed KCC and is heading to Bradley in the fall. Oh, the joy of seeing them dream their dreams and reach for their stars. It makes me smile. That pink magic wand always makes me think of them, too. 

Prayer triggers... that is what I call an item that brings someone or something to mind that requires thankfulness or prayer. Sometimes, both prayer and gratitude are necessary. That is what my magic wand is for me. 

"Even miracles take a little time." -The Fairy Godmother, Cinderella

Yes, not every wish is granted in an instant. The waiting can be integral to the miracle. God's timing is never wrong, but it can be confusing. I was finished with this post and looking up another scripture when I looked at my verse of the day. He wins again! It is better than the one I had chosen. 

"do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus." 
-Philippians 4:6-7

My beautiful, pink magic wand is a symbol of love, hope, God's timing, obedience and the importance of whispering prayers often. 

Today, I am grateful for Fairy Godmother gear.


No comments:

Post a Comment