Monday, May 21, 2018

Fresh, New Mornings

Daily Gratitude Year 6- Day 141: Today, I am grateful for fresh, new mornings.

Winter was long. And, it looks like spring will be short. Soon the summer heat will settle in. For now, we can choose to savor the warm days, cool nights and fresh mornings that seem just right. Spring mornings are the very best! 

I know some people only have one 5 o'clock in their day, and it is not in the morning. I feel the same about 10 o'clock. Mine is not in the evening. 

Morning is my favorite time of day because of the fresh, new and unspoiled feeling. I know that given a little time, I am going to mess something up... but the pristine feeling of each new morning brings with it a sense of awe and wonder. 

The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases;his mercies never come to an end;
23 they are new every morning; great is your faithfulness. -
Lamentations 3:22-23

His love never stops and he gives us mornings for the reset. We can begin again with a prayer of thanksgiving for his great faithfulness. Then, we can present him our hearts, asking for guidance for the whole day. 

"Lord, helps me to see what you want us to see, and do what you want me to do." 

Such a simple prayer to carry with us through the day. Yet, it can change everything. It is so easy to present him my fresh, new morning as a gift, but how many minutes will it take, before I take back the reins and begin to refocus on my own agendas, again? It is a daily battle to live in the "not my will, but thine be done" zone. 

Still, he delights in our successes and forgives our failures. His love is rock solid and unyielding. His mercies never cease for those who come with a repentant heart. He is faithful to grant us new days, every single day. 

Today, I am grateful for fresh, new mornings.


No comments:

Post a Comment