Wednesday, May 2, 2018

Do you see what God sees?

Daily Gratitude Year 6- Day 122: Today, I am grateful God sees with different eyes. 

It is true. We don't see with his eyes instinctively or naturally. It only comes as we learn to know him better and trust His heart. We can only do this by steeping ourselves in His Word, as we would a tea bag in hot water. The scriptures sometimes us the word "abide". If we abide in Him, we learn to see our world and situation differently. 

Do you see what I see? This image is by Marilyn Simandle. She has a website where it can be purchased. Check it out. I found this image on Pinterest. I takes my breath away. 

Art speaks. 

"Do you see what I see?" It is one of my favorite Christmas song, but I don't think about it the rest of the year. But that song is what Earworm began singing when I saw this print. 

"In that same hour he rejoiced in the Holy Spirit and said, “I thank you, Father, Lord of heaven and earth, that you have hidden these things from the wise and understanding and revealed them to little children; yes, Father, for such was your gracious will." Luke 10:21 (and Matthew 11:25)

“Truly, I say to you, unless you turn and become like children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven." Matthew 18:3

Childlike faith. Childlike trust. To see what God sees, we must learn to know him better. How long must we study, seek, pray, and abide, before we see His reflection in our mirror? We are all works in progress, but how we spend our time doe make a difference. 

How long before we look at our reflections... past the imperfections... and see the "Lion of Judah" who has all we need to get through this day?

Have a great day warrior princesses and princes. We are children of the King. 

Today, I am grateful God sees with different eyes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment