Wednesday, May 23, 2018

Unhurried Moments

Daily Gratitude Year 6- Day 143: Today, I am grateful for unhurried moments. 

There are not many in May. 

This quote spoke to my heart. I need to watch those who show love without hurry and imitate their behaviors.

Love and hurry are fundamentally incompatible. Love always takes time, and time is the one thing hurried people don't have. -John Ortberg

The way I see it. Children, senior citizens and dogs are where you find some great examples. In any combination of these three... together... they seem to be masterful. All three of these classes are often swept aside when we get too busy. 

I am grateful my parents made us make time for the seniors in our world. Now, my definition of senior gets younger every day, and my idea of youth gets older. Still, from any vantage point, there are daily examples of love being poured out simply be removing the hurry and the worry. 

Last year, I focused on enough. This year, savor is my one little word. I have come to realize that when we celebrate the "enough" in our lives, we find ourselves savoring more. Delighting in the little things. 

Walking instead of driving when we can. Planting seeds and potting flowers. French press instead of Keurig coffee. Home cooked meals from seasonal produce. Getting up early to savor the break of day. Memorizing scripture. Brewed tea. In these things we find a joy and contentment as they are unhurried. 


Going slow is not a waste of time it is a good for a relationship. The best things take a little time. I am so grateful the love of my life was in my circle of friends before he was my boyfriend. Our relationship with our Lord grows stronger as we wait on him and for him, too. 


Wait for the Lord; be strong, and let your heart take courage; wait for the Lord! -Psalm 27:14

Some things are worth waiting for. As Olaf, from Frozen said it, "Some people are worth melting for."


Today, I am grateful for unhurried moments. 

No comments:

Post a Comment