Thursday, September 24, 2020

Another Chance

 Year 8-Day 268: Today, I am grateful for another chance. 

Some days I blow it before my feet hit the floor. My thoughts wander and I start to obsess about the day ahead. I worry too much and I know it. I forget to be still. I pray but forget to listen when I finish my morning chat with God. 

Shiny things distract me. Lists and calendars do, too. I am grateful for reminders to slow down. 

Every dawn is, truly, another chance. Another day to chase His heart and sing His praises, even if I didn't get it all right the day before. He doesn't demand perfection, only an earnest, seeking heart. 

"That is why the Lord says, “Turn to me now, while there is time. Give me your hearts. Come with fasting, weeping, and mourning." -Joel 2:12 

"Return to me." What an invitation. He means it, too. But, this time, when we return... He expects our whole hearts. The Old Testament prophets speak words that ring true in this modern age. They are not antiquated. They speak clearly for this generation, too. Do we still hear His voice?

God only tolerates disobedience for a season. His love is boundless, but his tolerance for sin is not. When will He say, "Enough is enough"? Idolatry, blasphemy, lovelessness are things He can't ignore.  Nineveh, Sodom and Gomorrah paid the price for their brazen ways and unrepentant hearts. 

I think there are lessons for us to learn, too. We are to come to Him with fasting, weeping and mourning, seeking His face. He will not hide. When we seek him with our whole hearts, He makes himself known.   

Today, I am grateful for another chance. 

No comments:

Post a Comment