Monday, September 21, 2020

Sweet Nectar

  

Year 8-Day 265: Today, I am grateful for sweet nectar.

Every year at this time the butterflies flock around my mailbox to gather the sweet nectar from the flowers. They love these sedum plants. The relationship between the butterflies and the plants fascinate me. Obviously, some plants are more desirable to the butterflies than others. The balance in nature always fascinates me. 

This scripture is a reminder of God's faithfulness, even to the insects and the flowers. 

"And if God cares so wonderfully for flowers that are here today and thrown into the fire tomorrow, he will certainly care for you. Why do you have so little faith?" -Luke 12:28

We can our trust in the Father, too. Like the butterfly takes in all the sweetness provided by the flowers, our God provides all of our needs. I imagine the flower nectar is sweet to the butterfly. 

I often need the reminder to look for the sweet nectar that is already in front of me. Not to worry about tomorrow or long for yesterday. He provides for today,. he is our enough. His word is like sweet nectar. 

Today, I am grateful for sweet nectar.


No comments:

Post a Comment