Monday, September 14, 2020

The Pursuit


 Year 8-Day 258: Today, I am grateful for the pursuit.

I've heard the story of a little girl who was confident she knew God's name. She would argue the fact. Adults expected to hear one of the more common names for God, but she began her prayer with "Dear Shirley..." 

After the prayer was finished, she was asked how she knew that God's name was Shirley? Children are quick. She had an answer right away that came from a Bible verse she had learned:

"Surely your goodness and unfailing love will pursue me all the days of my life, and I will live in the house of the LORD forever." -Psalms 23:6 NLT

There it was. "Surely" was not a word in her vocabulary. The name,Shirley, was. "Shirley, your goodness and unfailing love, will pursue me". 

Being chased by goodness and unfailing love is a pretty sweet deal. We didn't earn it. We don't deserve it, but His love and mercy are poured out on us daily. Earworm is singing the song, "You're a Good, Good Father". It fits perfectly. 

A love that is faithful and true...and He never gives up on me or you. 

Today, I am grateful for the pursuit.

No comments:

Post a Comment