Monday, September 28, 2020

Drawn With Unfailing Kindness

 Year 8-Day 272: Today, I am grateful we have been drawn with unfailing kindness.

My friend, Brittany, is an artist. She is our art teacher and quite gifted. Her drawings are magical and her illustration style belongs in children's books. She draws with subtle details and a soft, forgiving pencil and brush. 

Brittany's pieces are magical. Yes, there are details that stand out, but mostly what I feel is the magic. She, somehow, infuses love, wonder, silliness and kindness into every painting. 

This scripture is from my Bible reading today. 

Long ago the Lord said to Israel: "I have loved you, my people, with an everlasting love. With unfailing love I have drawn you to myself." -Jeremiah 31:3

I was grabbed by the phrase, "drawn you with unfailing kindness." The Hebrew word for "drawn" is "mashak". It means to draw out., lead along, to cheer, to attract and to gratify. Not like drawing with a pencil or paintbrush, but to attract with unfailing kindness. Kindness counts. 

Our God has limits to what He will tolerate, but His purpose and invitation has always been to invite us to be one of his own. Unfailing kindness succeeds where other attempts fail. Love softens our hearts. He draws us to His heart. It is a place of peace and rest.

Today, I am grateful we have been drawn with unfailing kindness.

No comments:

Post a Comment