Sunday, September 20, 2020

We Can Choose Our Leader

 Year 8-Day 264: Today, I am grateful we can choose our leader. 

I was listening to a favorite pastor today and he said this, "I am the author of all my own bad decisions". It is painfully true. I, alone, get credit for the road chosen in haste, with waste and without intentional prayer. 

I loved this image. It reminds me to be intentional in recognizing who is Lord of my life. There are good forces and there is a very real evil in the world. I am so grateful we have a God who still, reassures, leads, enlightens, forgives, calms, encourages and comforts. 

"But if you refuse to serve the Lord, then choose today whom you will serve. Would you prefer the gods your ancestors served beyond the Euphrates? Or will it be the gods of the Amorites in whose land you now live? But as for me and my family, we will serve the Lord.” -Joshua 24:15

We do, indeed, choose who will be the Lord of our lives. The Lord of our life will also be our shepherd. We need to choose wisely. The world is full of voices from every direction, but only a few will ring true with our purpose in Him. Listen to the voice of truth and choose. 

Today, I am grateful we can choose our leader. 



No comments:

Post a Comment