Saturday, September 25, 2021

Daughters


Daily Gratitude Year 9 - Day 268: Today, I am grateful for daughters.

It is National Daughters Day. I am truly blessed to have daughters-in-love. Yes, our sons chose our daughters. They chose well. They choose girls who were raised with Godly values and kind hearts. They are beautiful inside and out. We didn't have to make room for them in our hearts, they filled a missing piece.

I knew I would love having girls around. It is even better than I imagined. I wouldn't trade the gift of raising sons for anything. I am grateful God let me be a mom to boys. But today, I am thrilled to celebrate the girls that grew us from a family of four to a family of six. I am grateful for the many ways these daughters love our sons... and us.

I can't help but think of Naomi's blessing in Ruth.

"But Ruth replied, “Don’t ask me to leave you and turn back. Wherever you go, I will go; wherever you live, I will live. Your people will be my people, and your God will be my God." -Ruth 1:16

Some blessings should be counted often.

Today, I am grateful for daughters.

No comments:

Post a Comment