Saturday, September 11, 2021

The Pumpkin Patch

 

Daily Gratitude Year 9 - Day 254: Today, I am grateful for the pumpkin patch. 

It is finally here. Another Pumpkin Festival begins on Wednesday. Everything pumpkin is everywhere. I love how the town comes together for fun, carnival rides (Smiths are not very good at these), fair foods, Pumpkin chili, pumpkin ice cream, pumpkin donuts and the list goes on. For me, the Apple Cider slushies... made with Tanner's apple cider... are my favorite treat. 

Today, giant pumpkins were hollowed out to become boats. The race took place at Kennel Lake. Our neighbor, Jim, always has a hand in the festivities. You have to wonder who comes up with these ideas. 

With each season there are festivals. I am glad for our little village, fall is our festival season. 

"As long as the earth remains, there will be planting and harvest, cold and heat, summer and winter, day and night.” -Genesis 8:22

Savor the moments. Fall, all too swiftly, slips away. 

Today, I am grateful for the pumpkin patch. 

No comments:

Post a Comment