Wednesday, September 8, 2021

Septembers

Daily Gratitude Year 9 - Day 251: Today, I am grateful for Septembers.

There is something about September. This verse says it so well:  "By all these lovely tokens September days are here, with summer's best of weather and Autumn's best of cheer." -Helen Hunt Jackson 

One week from today, the Morton Pumpkin Festival will be going strong. Apple cider slushies... "one a day until the festival goes away". I can't wait. All things pumpkin will be everywhere. Our little village loves our pumpkins. The days can be warm, but the nights are cooling off. 

I can't really imagine living without the magic of fall. (Ask me in January and I might sing a different tune.) The transition from summer to fall is packed with whimsy and wonder. 

"For everything there is a seasonand a time for every matter under heaven:"  -Ecclesiastes 3:1

Open the windows and feel the cool breeze. Sleep snuggled in a cozy comforter and awake to flowers still blooming. Enjoy summer's best weather while sampling autumn's cheer. 

Today, I am grateful for Septembers.

No comments:

Post a Comment