Monday, September 27, 2021

Oatmeal

Daily Gratitude Year 9 - Day 270: Today, I am grateful for oatmeal.

A simple one today. Oatmeal is a staple in many diets. 

Oats are good for horses and animals. If the Cheerios commercials are right, oatmeal is good for the heart. Oatmeal has fiber and it can be dressed up in many ways. We have an Amish Oatmeal recipe we have been eating in our family for years. It shows up when we have visitors and I have made it many times at Easter and Christmas. 

I use oatmeal, sometimes, when I make a meatloaf. I learned it from my Mama who learned it from her Mama. It works well. 

Oatmeal can be gluten free, which comes in handy when there are loved ones and friends with allergies. 

Oatmeal is a star ingredient in some of our favorite desserts from Grandma Guttendorf's Pride of Iowa cookies and Magic bars to The Love of My Life's favorite no-bake cookies. 

Grains add goodness to our days. Especially oatmeal. 

"The meadows are clothed with flocks of sheep, and the valleys are carpeted with grain. They all shout and sing for joy!  -Psalm 65:13

Today, I am grateful for oatmeal.

No comments:

Post a Comment