Monday, September 13, 2021

Deep Breaths

 

Daily Gratitude Year 9 - Day 255: Today, I am grateful for deep breaths.

Every day, I try to not forget the power of a deep breath (and a good nap). Both are good for cleansing and perspective. As I was praying on today's post, I didn't have a good place to start. I took a deep breath and there was the answer. A deep breath is good for our souls and so much more. 

First of all, there is live in a breath. The inability to breathe causes us to flood with panic. Our minds as much as our bodies know that breath is life. Again, I am reminded that it is His breath in us that gives us life. 

"For the Spirit of God has made me, and the breath of the Almighty gives me life." Job 33:4

Imagine being at the Red Sea with an angry Pharaoh's army behind you. The fear must have been tangible and the people breathless from the race out of Egypt. When it seems all is lost, God takes a deep breath and splits the sea waters so they Israelites could cross on dry land. The wonder of it all still amazes me no matter how many times I reread the account of the miracle. 

"At the blast of your breath, the waters piled up! The surging waters stood straight like a wall; in the heart of the sea the deep waters became hard." -Exodus 5:8

When Jesus appeared to his disciples after his resurrection, he breathed on them. Again, His breath made a new way... another way. Look at this passage.

"Then He breathed on them and said, “Receive the Holy Spirit." -John 20:22 

Never underestimate the power of a deep breath. 

Today, I am grateful for deep breaths.

No comments:

Post a Comment